A new purpose-built care home for senior living.
The delightful interior of The Rowans has 66 ensuite bedrooms, several communal areas such as lounge, hairdressers and gym. The building plus associated parking and gardens extends to over 0.75 acres.
The Rowans has been designed to complement the community around it. Inside, careful attention to interior design helps you move easily through the building, with excellent wayfinding, interesting spaces to enjoy, and a tasteful, homely feel. All this is aesthetically pleasing and creates a strong sense of belonging.
If you live with Dementia or a disability, you can confidently make your way through The Maples in an environment that has been designed to be as stimulating as it is safe. And rest assured that you will be always supported, our exceptional team carefully chosen for their emotional intelligence and heart will be on hand at all times, should you need them.
I am Karen the Home Manager for The Rowans, in Wigan.
I have worked in the care sector for over 30 years ago, starting as a care assistant age just 17. Having worked for both large and small organisations, I have great experience with many types of care including Residential, Nursing, Dementia, and younger adults with physical, mental and learning disabilities.
I am passionate about providing the best care possible and truly believe that the person we support is at the heart of everything we do. I am delighted to be part of the Bracebridge family and look forward to welcoming you at The Rowans soon.Find out more
Overview of The Rowans
Our philosophy is simple: Your way, every day and to make this a reality we offer a number of features to help you enjoy your life to the full. The Rowans is a small but perfectly formed home in the heart of the community.
- Stunning bedrooms, designed for dignity and support
- En-suite shower rooms
- Spa bathrooms which can be used by everyone, offering peace and relaxation
- Lovely garden to walk and rest, including support for sensory enjoyment
- Fantastic activities space, where people can cook and bake
Serving the community
- Links with local community to ensure engagement and activity
- Choir made up of the people who live and work in the home
- Resident and Family / Loved one member committee – helping us shape the home into what is needed and wanted